From the Editor: Let’s make this the best year yet

Mal Meston, Editor in Chief

I hope each of you had a memorable summer with friends and family.

I am the editor-in-chief of The Sailors’ Log. For this school year’s editions, you can expect the same great stories that have led this publication to being one of the top publications in the state for the past 20 years.

If anyone has any ideas for The Sailors’ Log, please contact me or adviser Warren Kent III in room 501.
Additionally, this year will only be as good as you make it, but you aren’t alone. Together, we are a team, so let’s all try to start this school year on a good note together.

If I could tell each of you something that I have learned these past three years at Shores, it would be to always try your hardest in the classroom and to never give up.

One thing I regret about my freshman year is that I didn’t work hard to get good grades. If I could go back to my freshman year for academics, I would. I didn’t work to my highest potential and that has affected my grade point average.

High school is where we should all try our hardest to not slack off on our academic achievements because if we do, it can later affect the outcomes of our future. So freshman, sophomores, juniors and even seniors, be your best self and

live up to your highest potential because sit will greatly benefit you.

As a senior, I can honestly say that my high school years have flown by. It feels like just yesterday it was my first day of freshman year, and I know it’s a cliche, but it’s true. So, let’s all make ourselves accountable and make this school year fun and memorable.