Players host Polar Express family fun night

Back to Article
Back to Article

sophomore Sebastian Barnett works with a young girl during the Players Family Fun

Sydney Fetters, Staff Writer

As Christmas is drawing nearer so are fun festivities to make the wonderful season brighter.

“I thought it was a great time to work! Being able to see the kids drawing, writing Christmas lists, and seeing Santa Claus was a great thing to experience,” said sophomore Sebastian Barnett. “The Players kids running the show had a great time overall, I’d say. It’s great to see all the excitement around and just generally nice to have some holiday spirit.”

On Saturday, Dec.16, children of all ages flooded the high school auditorium and lobby for one event in particular, a Polar Express family fun night, hosted by Players.

“Players used the event as a fundraiser to help cover costs of future Players productions, such as We Ain’t Playin’ 5, which will be performed February 2 and 3 in the Mona Shores High School Dance Room,” adviser Chad Martin said.

This spirited afternoon cost $4, which included the movie Polar Express, candy canes, crafts and many other activities children and their families could enjoy.

“We had a number of craft and coloring stations,” Martin said. “We also had Santa Claus and had kids write letters and deliver them to Santa.  And of course, the movie on the big screen.”