eat. BINGE WATCH. sleep. repeat.

Six shows for your indulgence

TV show, Riverdale

TV show, Riverdale

Eliana Hardy, Entertainment Page Editor

One of the best ways to spend the weekend is by snuggling in bed with blankets and snacks and binge watching a favorite show. With so many captivatin­g TV shows floating around, it can be difficult to pick a favorite. Here are six TV shows airing now that are absolutely binge watch worthy.

Riverdale airs on The CW, but episodes can also be found on Netflix. This show showcases the life of teens living in a mysterious town filled with drama and countless scandals. With a current two seasons and 26 episodes, Riverdale has numerous suspenseful cliffhangers and plot twists. “What I like about this show is how it’s a mystery kind of show with romance and drama and deep secrets in it,” sophomore Makayla Denniston said. “I watch it because it’s interesting cause how it is unpredictable with such interesting characters.”

Shameless, which can be found on Showtime and Netflix, is suitable for ages 18 and older.This is a dramatic tale of a dysfunctional family with eight seasons. Sophomore Kiley Jackson said, “I like that the show isn’t perfect, and the cast isn’t perfect. In a lot of shows, they like to have a persona for the cast that their lives are perfect on TV, but Shameless is all about a dysfunctional family, real family problems.”

Gossip Girl, which airs on Netflix is a teen drama centered on the heart of upper east side New York and portrays the life of the filthy rich as they survive scandal after scandal. From high school to college, characters continue to struggle with the balance of figuring out their future while upholding their social title. With six seasons and 121 episodes, this show keeps viewers glued to the screen for hours. Sophomore Emily Mann said, “I love this show because there’s a new suspenseful twist in every episode, as well as the on-going mystery of who is gossip girl? I watch it because it’s a nice break from homework, and it’s also fun to see what will happen next to Serena and her friends as they test the waters of the Manhattan’s dirty world of money and business.”

Vampire Diaries aired on the CW with all eight seasons also on Netflix. With a total of eight seasons and nearly 200 episodes, it’s the perfect show to binge with its fascinating combination of action, death, and romance. The show features the vampires and civilians of Mystic Falls, where there is always danger around the corner. Sophomore Diana Zimmer said, “I like the Vampire Diaries because of all the drama between Stefan and Damon. Between vampires, werewolves, and hybrids, there’s a lot of mythical creatures. There’s love and war. The show teaches good life lessons on realizing what you have before it’s gone.”

Stranger Things, a Netflix original thriller, is full of science fiction components such as supernatural forces that is sure to keep viewers entertained. With two seasons to watch on Netflix, it is the perfect show for teens, along with the fact that a majority of the cast in under the age of 20.The show has been nominated for multiple Golden Globes, including award for best television drama. Freshmen Kody Koeller said, “What I like about the show it is spooky and a mystery and keeps you on edge. My favorite character is Steve; he’s funny.”