Educator of the Year letters to recognize staff due April 27

Mal Meston, Editor-in-Chief

After going above and beyond for the students at Shores, teachers and staff members deserve to be recognized for their excellence.

For the third year, we, The Sailors’ Log staff, is giving an opportunity for students to show their gratitude and appreciation for staff members with the student-selected “Educator of the Year” award.

Last year, current junior Clark Meston’s letter endorsing science teacher Chad Martin was the winning letter.

Other previous winners include social studies teacher Steve Morell (2015), nominated by then-senior Katey Fritz; and English teacher Roxanne Schaner (2016), nominated by then-senior Julia Kwapiszewski.

Any student at Shores may nominate any staff member (teacher, counselor, custodian, etc.) through a letter to the editor.

Letters will be judged on content, not on number of nominations per staff, by the editors on The Sailors’ Log.
Requirements for the nomination letters are as follows:
1. Letters must be positive in nature and outline the qualities that make the staff member an excellent educator.
2. Letters must be signed.
3. A Google form will be emailed where students can submit a letter and nominate a staff member.
4. The last day letters will be accepted is Friday, April 27, and the winner will be announced in the May 29 issue.